We are looking for a passionate 1st Line Support Technician to join the team and grow alongside our client as they embark on many new projects and challenges.
About Their Values (How They Work)
Our client is dedicated to the welfare and development of all our team members. They want everyone to enjoy a good work life balance and they go above and beyond to ensure this happens. Health and wellbeing are a high priority.
Team is at the core of their “Values” and they strive to deliver a positive end to end experience for all including clients and suppliers.
As an ambitious company, they are continuing to grow bringing both challenges and opportunities keeping things interesting.
They fully embrace training and personal development. You will receive a flexible training and development budget that you can use for courses or equipment to support your interests and longer-term ambitions.
Being a conscientious company, they take their responsibilities to the wider community very seriously. They contribute to charities and organize fun sponsored events so all team members can get involved. After years of work, they have achieved carbon neutrality and are now working to take this further.
They’re an accredited Living Wage Employer because they believe a hard day’s work deserves a fair day’s pay.
What You Should Bring:
- Good IT and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Confidence on the phone when dealing with clients.
- A passion for IT and to learn and develop within our supportive team.
Extra Skills That Would Be Great:
- Experience working in the outsourced IT support industry (not essential).
- Full UK Driving licence as some of our work is off site.
Some Specifics Of The Role:
You will be required to have a good telephone manner and support your clients through well-oiled organisation skills. You will be expected to be diligent, tidy, endowed with common sense and the confidence to take responsibility. Those who apply will be consistent and able to complete tasks thoroughly applying intelligence and broader understanding where necessary. Good under pressure, punctual and flexible, your first few weeks could look like this;
- Setting up and supporting computer networks.
- Support for PCs and servers remotely and on-site (Win7/8/10, 2008, 2012, 2016).
- Installing PCs / upgrading software.
- Administration of IP phone systems (via web based interface).
- Supporting customer applications (training provided).
- Setting up email accounts and website hosting (Linux and Windows).
- Support for Mac’s remotely and on-site.
What They Offer
- Free flu jabs to keep you healthy.
- Free fruit for all to help with your 5 a day.
- Free access to an amazing confidential personal life coach to promote good mental health.
- Access to Perkbox with free phone insurance, breakdown cover and other great deals.
- Interest free 12-month loans to support you when there are unexpected expenses.
- A comprehensive program of funded events so you can choose to get involved beyond your working day, football, BBQs, running, cycling, nights out and so much more.
- Lunch and Learn Sessions – staff or guest speakers deliver learning sessions on varied topics with lunch provided by us.
- Real advancement opportunities for any technical or managerial aspirations you may have.
- Recognition for exceptional performance through monthly Notable awards with monthly prizes awarded to the ‘Notable of Notables’.
- End of year awards ceremony where winners receive recognition and a well-earned prize including vouchers and perhaps your favourite beverage.
- Recognition of life events so we celebrate with you.
- Have your say through multiple feedback routes, allowing you to actively shape the Netmatters of the future.
- Comprehensive development plans to promote personal development whatever your aspirations.
- Open plan offices with break out areas including gaming setups for lunchtime competitions.
- Outside seating area with BBQ’s.
- Parking available for all staff at all locations with electric car charging points.
- Weekly company-funded football.
- Vitality medical health insurance.