An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join the Business Service Group within our clients Thetford office.
The reason our clients value us as their adviser is because we make a point of building a picture of each client, which pulls in all the things that make each one different. This allows us to wrap individual service and advice around each client, which suits them perfectly and which they really
appreciate. That’s why we’re different – because each one of our clients is different.
We don’t only understand that each of our clients are different, we understand that each of our employees are different. We work with each and every one of our employees on an individual basis to ensure the training and development they receive supports their specific learning objectives and career aspirations. We are committed to nurturing and developing the talent of all of our employees, whatever stage of their career they may be at.
• Accounts preparation
• Personal tax
• Business tax
• Corporation tax
• Conduct bookkeeping and data processing for the Firm’s clients
• Maintenance of accounting records using Sage 50 Accounts and Xero
• Purchase/sales ledger management
• Preparation of VAT returns
• Telephone and/or email contact with clients and requests for information
• Confident IT user with previous experience using Microsoft Excel
• Demonstrate a “can do” approach to problem solving
• Excellent client service skills including the ability to tailor your approach provided depending
on the specific client
• Have the ability to communicate clearly and coherently with clients and colleagues
• Work closely with Management and report directly to Partners
- 21 days holiday (increasing with grade and service)
- Life assurance scheme 4x annual salary
- Pension – governed by auto enrolment
- Corporate discounts scheme
- Wellbeing programme/Employee assistance programme
- Social events (when COVID allows!!)
- Annual paid volunteering day
- Study package which includes paid time out of the office for study and exams, paid professional subscriptions, 6 monthly pay reviews, on the job training and we have a training mentor who is a qualified accountant to support staff alongside their managers through studies.
- Holiday buy back scheme – opportunity to buy up to an additional 5 days holiday
- After 5 years’ service – opportunity to opt in to the firms private medical scheme
- Free parking (Norwich office –
- Agile working policy which was already in place pre covid
- Free flu vaccination
- Eye tests paid for and we contribute up to £50 for VDU Glasses