We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Data Analyst to join our Purchasing team.
Reporting into the Purchasing Director you will perform data analysis on purchasing from vet wholesaler, pricing comparisons and other ad-hoc reports for the business divisions including buying groups. In addition to this you will manage non-clinical buying administration and data analysis, collating and managing rebate & purchase data from suppliers including some assisting with rebate payments for UK, ROI and Netherlands.
Main duties and responsibilities to include:
- Assist with collating monthly purchase data from suppliers and wholesalers
- To provide cost comparisons on clinical and non-clinical products internally for CVS and for potential buying group members
- Ensure any monthly rebate payments from suppliers and wholesalers are received in time for processing. Proactively follow up on any outstanding payments due
- Liaise with finance updating on incoming rebate payments by providing monthly accruals and reconciliation reports
- Provide essential data analysis to assist the improved profitability of CVS purchasing – with non-clinical buying being a major focus
- To administer and manage the day to day relationships with the non-clinical suppliers
- Support the purchasing team in any other data analysis requirements as needed
- When required will also need to be able to provide internal and external customer service by phone and e mail to cover for holidays etc.
- With experience to seek and provide opportunities for future savings for the CVS purchasing dept
- Take an active role in spotting opportunities for savings or margin improvements when reviewing and analysing data
- Good Distribution Practice – Compliance GDP requires that medicines are obtained from the licensed supply chain and are consistently stored, transported and handled under suitable conditions, as required by the MA or product specification. It is the employee’s responsibility to comply with all regulations and SOPs associated with the VMD WDA license and complete all training within the given timelines
- Eager to learn and take responsibility for personal learning and development
- Keep knowledge and skills up to date and seek different ways to continually develop – especially with excel
- To be open and willing to work as part of a team; adaptable and flexible to support the needs of the team
- An excellent team player within a matrix organisations to satisfy a variety of needs from different stakeholders
- To have an inquisitive mind and to have confidence to challenge the status quo when appropriate
A good salary available